Quiltique, LLC will make available one (1) Gammill Vision 18-8 hand-guided
long-arm quilting machine in good working order for rent
1. Rental rates
- $30 per hour for the first 20 hours of rental time
- $25 per hour after 20 hours of completed rental time
2. Rental time
- The minimum rental period is two (2) hours.
- Deposit of $60, the 2-Hour minimum rental fee, must be made at time of reservation.
- Deposit will be refunded for cancellations made at least 72 hours prior to scheduled rental time.
- No refund will be given if cancellation is made less than 72 hours prior to rental time. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Time is measured from when renter starts or the renter’s reservation time starts, whichever is earlier. Time ends when the renter has taken the quilt off and cleaned-up the machine.
- Time is rounded to the nearest ¼ hour after the 2-hour minimum.
- The rental time will start, at the scheduled time, no exceptions. Please plan travel time and traffic conditions accordingly. If a renter schedules rental time for 10:00 am, time will start at 10:00 am. If the renter is late and arrives at 10:30 am, time will still be charged starting at 10:00 am. The only exception will be if the delay is the fault of Quiltique and we do not have the machine ready; then the starting time will be the time when we have the machine ready.
- Renter agrees to pay the full amount due on the day of rental either by cash, credit card or Quiltique gift card.
- Renter must purchase a set of zipper leads and will use them on each quilt.
- Renter agrees to the following:
- To request assistance to perform any of the following: oil the machine, changing thread, adjusting tension, removing thread jams, or replacing needles.
- To not make ANY adjustments to the machine on their own.
- To not attempt any technique which Renter has not covered in a class or training session with Quiltique, such as using the base extender, rulers, stencils, Hartley Fence, or pantographs.
- To use only Quiltique approved threads.
- Renter will operate the machine and studio equipment in a safe and respectful manner:
- Tie back long hair and don’t wear scarves, dangling necklaces or very loose clothing.
- Keep the studio area free from smoking, food and drinks (except water).
- Keep tools and pins off the table and quilt.
- Use blunt scissors when quilting.
- Clean up and put away all tools, etc.
- Renter agrees no children, friends or pets allowed during rental time. If Renter arrives with children, friends or pets, the Renter will forfeit the scheduled time on the machine and the Renter will lose the deposit.
- Renter agrees to pay for repair/replacement of any damage to the machine, equipment or studio directly caused by Renter.
- Renter operates the machine and studio equipment at his/her own risk. Renter will not hold Quiltique responsible for any injury caused to their person or damage caused to quilts. ________Initials
- Valid Quiltique Certification card must be shown to schedule rental time.
3. Classes & Certification
- Enrollment is limited to 4 people per class. Certification course includes practice time & materials.
- Certification is required before renter can rent time on a machine.
- Certification class is 6 hours with a 1-hour lunch break.
- Certification Course is $125 per student.
- Skill review is required at the end of class to determine if the student is certified or if more training will be required for the student to become certified. If additional time is required, it will be on a one to one basis at a cost of $35.00/hour.
- A Certification Card will be issued to the newly certified students.
- The newly certified students will be able to choose a rental time, within 10 days, to re-enforce the skills learned in class.
- The newly certified student MUST rent time on the machine within 6 months of Certification Course. If not, student will have to re-take the Certification Course for a cost of $65.
4. Renter must be at least 18 years of age
5. A signed Quiltique Long Arm Rental Agreement is required prior to rental of machine.
6. Quiltique will provide the following:
- Gammill Vision 18-8 hand-guided long-arm quilting machine in good working order ready at scheduled rental time.
- Doors will be opened 15 min earlier if rental time is the same as opening time for Quiltique.
- Detailed instruction sheet to include:
1. Step by step loading for each layer (covered in class)
- Preparation sheet
- A long-arm advisor present during rental time to help if the renter experiences difficulties or needs help with the machine.
- One needle is included; additional needles available for purchase.
- Long arm supplies such as thread, batting etc. will be available for purchase at Quiltique.
7. Additional Services
- Quiltique offers a setup service for your quilt for an additional $25. This service includes: loading of the backing, batting and quilt top onto the machine, full bobbin loaded and machine threaded with your thread. For this service, the thread, quilt top, backing and batting must be dropped off a minimum of one day before your rental time. The quilt back must be pinned to the appropriate zippers. This service is optional, but does cut down on the time to load your quilt during your rental period. However, Quiltique is not liable for any claims made in conjunction with the quilt and the quilted product.
8. Important tips – check thread and tension at every thread change, every bobbin change and periodically while quilting a row. It is good to be aware of quilting and stitches at all times.
This is verification that the renter has read and will abide by the above
terms and conditions of these policies and procedures
Renter Signature Date
Renter name printed
Signature witnessed by:
Quiltique Employee signature Date
Quiltique Employee name printed
213 N. Stephanie St, Ste. E
Henderson, NV 89074
*Rates effective 4/1/13 and are subject to change without notice