(Click photo for PDF version of Class Policy)Sewing Machine:
All brands of sewing machines are welcome! A BERNINA sewing machine may be rented for a $7.50 rental fee (plus tax) per class/per day which includes basic and specialty presser feet. Please inform the front desk at time of class sign-up if you will need a sewing machine for your class. Rentals are not available for Mastery Classes.Basic Class Supplies Needed:
- Quality sewing thread, such as Aurifil
- Medium size cutting mat (18"x24")
- Rotary cutter
- Small scissors for clipping threads, cutting paper, etc.
- Favorite quilting ruler for cutting strips (at least 6"x 18")
- Seam rippers, pins, scissors, etc.
- All class attendees must have a legal copy of the class pattern/book to participate.
- Absolutely no photocopies allowed in class and no sharing of patterns or books.
- A class supply list will be supplied to you at time of class enrollment (except PMB).
- All class participants are asked to gather supplies prior to class to ensure all participants have the full benefit of class time.
Class sign-ups for the current class schedule begin on the scheduled Class Discount Day
. No sign ups will be accepted before this date. However sign ups for classes with special guest teachers, BOM’s, and most other special events are open any time.Class Fees:
- The Class Fee must be collected when you sign up for the class to guarantee your seat.
- Quiltique will not “hold” a seat for you. Full payment of Class Fee guarantees your seat.
- 7 days prior to class day or earlier - You will be given a FULL refund or we will be happy to register you in another class.
- Within 7 days of the class day - You will receive a credit in the amount of the class to be used at a later date towards a Class Fee only.
- The day of class or 'no-show' - No refund regardless of reason.
- If you sign up within 7 days of class, the above policies still apply.
- PMB - If you miss the first class of Piecemaking Basics, you cannot continue the remaining sessions. You will forfeit $15 and be refunded $60 in Class Fees onto a Quiltique Gift Card.
- Class Fee refunds for classes paid for on Class Discount Day will be refunded onto a Quiltique Gift Card. Standard refund policy still applies.
- There are no refunds on class fees for "Special Event" teachers/classes within 30 days of class date unless we can fill your spot with another person. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- A minimum of 4 students is required for class. If this requirement is not met by 7 days prior to class, usually the class will be cancelled and you will be fully refunded your class fee.
- Quiltique reserves the right to cancel classes for any reason. If this happens, you will be refunded your full class fee and/or supplies.
- All class participants are asked to turn off cellular phones (or place on vibrate). If a call is necessary, please leave the room to complete the call.
- PLEASE DO NOT WEAR PERFUME to class due to allergies of others.
- Please do not bring children or pets to class.
- Students must be at least 16 years old. Students between the ages of 10-15 may take the “Just the Basics” class only with parental supervision. A waiver of liability must be signed.